Lost In Jane Austin

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thank You Aunt Kitty.....

Here she is in all of her glory! This beautiful bedspread was given to me by my Aunt Kitty , this past week.It was so very generous of her to pass it on to me. I am truly grateful and blessed. She told me her mother(my great grand mother ( Concetta) started it and then my grandmother Julia finished it. She had it in her possession for many years, but then decided I would love to have it and so here she is. I think I could even use it as a tablecloth. B E A U T I F U L. Who wouldn't love having a beautiful craft or gift made by Your mother or grandmother or great grandmother. Its a little bit of them gifted to you......Thank you Aunt Kitty, for passing on this love......
A close up of the beautiful handiwork...every crocheted piece perfect....
My grandmother Julia(her real name is Angelina), but everyone called her Julia.....she made beautiful tablecloths, bedspreads, runners, doilies, potholders, etc. ect. She loved her crochet hook.....Here is a collage piece I did this past year. It is of my great grandmother Concetta and her husband Ceaser. On her lap is my Uncle Jerry, standing on her left(with the big bow in her hair) is my grandmother Julia and on her right is my Aunt Margaret.
This is a tree that I put together of the 7 generations of Women in my family on my maternal side. The top photo is of my great great grandmother, Margarite, the next photo on the left is my great grandmother, Concetta, the next on the right is my grandmother Julia, the lower left is my mother, Connie, thats me Angel in the lower middle photo, next to my daughter Angel and the last photo is of my two grandaughters, Julianna and Joey. 7 generations of Woman. I wish could go back even further to know about the women in my lineage, but I found out that my great great grandmother Margarite was raised in a convent. Left there when she was a baby. An orphan??? Anyway when she was 16 or 17 two brothers came to the convent(a great place to look for a wife) back in the day, and her and her best friend Gabriella married these two bothers. I found the date and the ship that they came over from Italy, on Ancestry.com, and other information, but for Margarites story and all the women before her, well, I'll just have to wait...someday I'll know....till next time, Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Overcome By A Good Book...

Overcome By A Good Book...
"Books let us into their souls and lay open to us secrets of our own." William Hazlit

Annivesary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers